INTEGRITY AND GOVERNANCE
PUSPAKOM commits to keep up a high standard of integrity and governance in the conduct of its businesses and operations as the Company believes that this could enhance the stakeholder’s value and trust. As a sole authorised vehicle inspection service provider appointed by the Ministry of Transport of Malaysia, PUSPAKOM hereby pledges to promote the culture of transparency, fairness, and accountability at the workplace by conducting the inspection activities according to the relevant laws, procedures and policies.
To demonstrate our standard in maintaining integrity, governance, transparency, accountability, and fairness, PUSPAKOM has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), established a Corporate Integrity Pledge (CIP) and also developed a Whistle-blowing Policy (WBP) as avenue for the employees, customers, and members of public to report any suspected wrong-doing or improper conduct.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Corporate Integrity Pledge (CIP)
- Not to be involved in any illegal or unethical activities involving corruption as set under PUSPAKOM Code of Etiquette and Business Practices and any relevant laws and acts, not limited to Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 or Penal Code.
- To uphold the Anti-Corruption Principles of Corporate Bodies Malaysia in conducting its business activities.
- To create a business environment that is free from corruption.
- Will not engage in any business practices or activities that could encourage its employees, representatives or agents to do any illegal or unethical activities.
- To take stern action against any parties for any conducts that can tarnish the integrity and image of PUSPAKOM.
PUSPAKOM has established a Whistleblower Policy (WBP) with the purpose to provide avenue and facilitate employees, customers, and members of the public to disclose or report any wrongdoing, malpractice, corruption, illegal or unethical activities which are against PUSPAKOM business practices and conduct.
This policy exists to make certain that any whistle-blower will be protected as PUSPAKOM will take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of the person to the extent reasonably practicable, when making the disclosure unless otherwise the person decided to disclose his/her identity or investigation by the law enforcement authorities requires the information of the person which PUSPAKOM needs to comply, thus such obligation and responsibility to maintain the confidentiality will no longer obligated by PUSPAKOM. Whistleblowers are protected under Whistleblower Protection Act 2010. In addition, PUSPAKOM also assures that the person will be protected from retaliation or any adverse and detrimental actions subject that the disclosure must be made in a good faith based on facts and evidence. PUSPAKOM will initiate a thorough investigation immediately upon receiving the information and the whistle-blower will be contacted on the outcome of the investigation.
PUSPAKOM welcomes and encourages employees, customers, and members of the public to come to us with any concerns regarding possible illegal or unethical conduct or malpractice such as below (this list is not exhaustive):
- Suspected or actual incidents of fraud.
- Suspected or actual conduct or activity that breaches any law.
- Suspected or actual breach of PUSPAKOM policies or procedures.
- Suspected or actual misleading or deceptive conduct including action or representation that amounts to improper or misleading.
- Disclosures or subversions of any internal or external audit process.
- Breach of confidentiality.
The complaints can be reported via the following channels:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the following officers:
- Mohammed Shukor Bin Ismail – Chief Executive Officer
Telephone number: 03-2052 7501
- Alan Taslim Bin Alias – Chief Financial Officer
Telephone number: 03-2052 7510
- Umaparan A/L Subramaniam – Head, Intelligence, Surveillance and Security Department (ISSD)
Telephone number: 03-2052 7475