All About Inspections
1. What types of inspection does PUSPAKOM offer?
We offer a wide range of inspections for commercial and private vehicles, from mandatory vehicle inspections to voluntary vehicle inspection. Please refer to the "Inspections" menu for more information. Should you have any queries about what type of inspection is required for your vehicle, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1-800-88-6927.
2. Do I need to bring the vehicle for inspection myself?
Vehicle’s owners or their representatives are allowed to bring their vehicles for inspection. However, if an owner appoints a representative, he or she needs to sign off an Authorization Letter and hand it over to the inspection centre where he/she visits.
3. How long is the inspection process?
Most of the inspections will only take an hour after payment is made.
4. How soon will the inspection report be ready?
As soon as the inspection is completed, we will issue you a computer generated vehicle inspection report.
5. What will the vehicle examiner check during the inspection?
Each type of inspection has different inspection items. In general, there are about 10 major inspection items. Please refer to the "Inspection items" for each type of inspection.
6. Am I allowed to enter the inspection lane to witness the inspection process?
For health and safety reasons, customers are advised to wait at the designated waiting area.
7. What if I lose my inspection report or inspection certificate?
If you lose your inspection report or inspection certificate, you need to return to the inspection centre where your inspection was first carried out to obtain a replacement inspection report. A standard fee of RM25 for inspection report, and RM20 for the inspection certificate will apply.
8. How long is the report of Transfer of Ownership Inspection or Special Inspection valid for?
The report is valid for 30 days only for both inspections. If you exceed the 30 days validity period, your vehicle needs to undergo the same inspection again.
9. What if I disagree with the result of my vehicle inspection?
If you have any doubts about the inspection result, please contact the branch manager for further advice.
Mobile Inspection by Premier Services
1. What are Premier Services?
Premier Services offer convenient and hassle-free door to door vehicle inspections. We cater to a wide range of individuals as well as corporate customers. Our teams are ready to serve you at any time or locations of your choice.
2. What is the operation hour of Premier Services Team?
Our team operates from Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:30pm.
3. Are Premier Services available in Sabah and Sarawak?
No. Currently, Premier Services are only available in Peninsular Malaysia.
4. How much will it cost to use this service?
Depending on the volume of the vehicle, the premier services charge starts from as low as RM60 per vehicle (excluding 6% of GST).
5. Will Premier Services team issue a report / result?
Yes, an instant report / result will be issued after the inspection.
6. Do I have to make an appointment to use Premier Services?
You may call our call centre agent at 1-800-22-2210 to arrange for an appointment, preferably 2 days before your desired inspection date.
7. What types of inspection do Premier Services offer?
Premier Services offer a variety of inspections. Please refer to the Mobile Inspection page for more information.
1. Why is vehicle roadworthiness important?
Roadworthiness is the quality of a vehicle being fit and safe driven on the road. Roadworthiness is not a constant attribute of the vehicle, either. A vehicle might be roadworthy today but not tomorrow if there are any failures of a component or components of the vehicle. Therefore, vehicle inspection is important to check the condition of the vehicle and ensure it is safe to be used on the road.
2. Where is my nearest PUSPAKOM inspection centre?
There are 56 permanent inspection centres nationwide and more than 26 visiting sites. Please refer to our Inspections Centres page to find out the inspection centre near you.
3. What are the operating hours at PUSPAKOM inspection centres?
Our inspection centres operate from 8.00am – 5.00pm (Monday to Friday) and 8.00am – 1.00pm (Saturday). While for branches at Johor, Kedah, Terengganu and Kelantan, we start our operation from 8.00am – 5.30pm (Sunday to Thursday). Please click here (Inspection Centre) for more info. Please click here branches for more information.
4. How much does an inspection cost and what are the payment methods available?
Inspection fees vary with the types of inspection and types of vehicle. It starts from as low as RM20 to RM90 only (excluding 6% of GST). We accept cash as payment method.
5. How do I contact PUSPAKOM if I have any queries?
Please call us on 1-800-88-6927 from Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.45pm, or email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Our customer service representatives will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
6. Do I have to make an appointment for an inspection, and if so, how do I do this?
We encourage our customers to make an appointment. Please refer here appointment for more information.