New or used commercial vehicles pending a transfer of ownership are required to undergo an Initial Inspection prior to registration with the Road Transport Department to ensure they comply with the regulatory standards in relation to their construction and use.
Excluding 6% of GST.
Documents that you need to bring along
- Vehicle’s Registration Card (JPJ.K2) / Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC) – for used vehicle only
- Carrier license from the Ministry of Tourism / Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) / Driving School Permit*
- Vehicle Plan / Latest PG11A
- Copy of Business Registration*
- Sales Letter from Authorised Dealer
- Vehicle Type Approval (VTA) / Weight Certificate
- T1 - Certificate of Taxi Meter Approval by the Road Transport Department (for taxis with taxi meters only)
- Certification Letter of Green Engine from SIRIM*
- Certificate of Manufacture / JPJ.K1*
- AP (Approved Permit - JK69)*
- Customs Excise Form K1 / K7 / K8*
- Letter of Approval (“Lampiran B” - for used buses only)*
*Depending on the types of vehicle, different types of document may be required.
Should you need further clarification, please contact us on 1-800-88-6927.
Our well-trained vehicle examiners will drive your vehicle to the inspection lane and conduct the inspection.
• Items inspected are as follows:
Verify the unladen weight of a vehicle according to approved vehicle plan.
Measure a vehicle's specifications and body built up according to approved vehicle plan.
Confirm the originality of the vehicle by identifying the registration, chassis and engine numbers.
Examine the condition of upper body of a vehicle.
Test alignment of a vehicle's front wheels.
Measure the visible light transmittance rating of windscreens and glasses.
Check on brake performance including brake efficiency and brake imbalance.
Check the accuracy of the speedometer against the speed of the wheels.
Measure smokes or gasses that emit from a vehicle’s engine to ensure that they do not exceed the specified legal limits.
Test the performance of a vehicle's suspension system.
Measure a vehicle's light beam condition.
Examine the condition of under carriage of a vehicle.
PUSPAKOM consistently provides the best services, and we comply with international standards and highest quality assurance performance from industry-based certification and accreditation body. You may refer to our inspection standards here.